Sunday, March 14, 2021

Preparing to Film!

 Because I was out of town this weekend and could not film the project, I had to move the date on when we are going to film my project to later this week. Since we have off school Friday, I am thinking of filming wither then or sometime over the weekend, but which may be difficult since I work long hours at my job over the weekend. However, since my film opening takes place at night, I think it will be easier to find a time to film. 

Based on the amount of shots and the different angles and techniques that I need to use for my intro, I think the filming process will take about two days. Luckily, I can do almost half of the shots myself without the help of my friend having to film me, since many of the shots are of around my room and showing different things such as photos and are not of me. This is nice because it will help my friend out, since she will not have to help film as much and I can film the other parts of my intro on my own a different night this week. 

The most difficult scenes to shoot will be the long establishing shots, since they are from up high looking down at Iris (me) as she is walking through the dark. However, the way I am going to do this is to get a ladder and have my friend film on the ladder, which will make the shot seem higher and steadier than if my friend were to just hold the camera up. I also have access to my dad's drone, which can record footage and he can fly around, creating smooth shots from all around the scene.

The other hardest scene to shoot will be the last scenes of Iris (me) and Selene (my friend) talking, since the scene shows the two talking and jumps back and forth between the two of us, depending on who is talking. This will just be a very tedious scene to shoot since we will have to pass the camera back and forth to one another to get us saying each of our lines and editing it to look like we are talking to each other. 

The final challenging thing that I have to think about is how to get photos and videos of the filming process while it is happening to include in my CCR, since there will be no one to take photos of my friend and I while we are filming the scene. However, if I cannot find another one of my friends to help shoot it, I can always have someone such as my mom take the photos, which will be easy and efficient, instead of another one of my friends having to come over to my house. 

I look forward to the filming process later this week and what it will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Film Intro

  Here  is the link to my film intro! Thank you for coming on this journey with me and I hope you enjoy it!