Saturday, March 13, 2021

Font for the Title

 Fonts are one of the most important parts of creating and marketing a movie. The font is one of the first things that a viewer sees on the film poster and in the intro title scene in the actual film, so it is important to pick the right font for the film. The font is the thing that tells the audience what type of film it is based on the style of it. So, we are going to look at different fonts in our genre to figure out what font is the best to use!



Power Lord
Film Noir

Basic Map



Sound Wave



These were my favorite fonts I found on the website FontSpace. Starting with the first one, Power Lord, while is very bold and easy to read, I think is too action based, which will not match the genre of my film. I think that the same goes for the second one, Film Noir, since that one is very large and bolded, making it seem very action themed. With Sound Wave, while I could use the sound wave effect at the bottom to make it fit, but the font itself is very blocky and would not fit the story of two teenage girls running to find out about one of their parents. However, I really like the Basic Map font. It fits because it is not too action styled, and not only has a mysterious style to it that plays well into the plot of my film, as well as having a  kind of shaky style to it, which can show the unstable nature of Iris and Selene's situation. I can't wait to see how this font looks in the film!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Film Intro

  Here  is the link to my film intro! Thank you for coming on this journey with me and I hope you enjoy it!