Monday, February 8, 2021

Music Marketing Project Final Post- Reflection

    After looking back at our project after presenting our artist Gidimake and seeing the other projects that other groups made, I can say that I am proud of the work that we created in the time we did it. Not only did we do well with our actual presentation, but I feel like we did very good work with the marketing and distribution portion of our project and making it suitable for the genre, as well as making the music video and having it well-edited and also suitable for the heavy metal genre.

    When we started out project, none of us had any idea about anything that had to do with the heavy metal genre. So, we had to do extensive research on different artists in the genre and they distribute and market their songs and albums when they release them. Between looking at more popular bands such as Metallica and less known artists such as Everlast, using the chart given to us, we got a better understanding of what we needed to do in order to market our music successfully. For example, bands such as Metallica are holding virtual concerts online for people to watch in the comfort of their own homes during the pandemic, so that fans can enjoy their favorite bands perform for them while staying safe from the virus. That gave us the idea to also hold virtual concerts, and then worldwide tours once the pandemic is over and it is safe to go to events again. We also did things such as plan to have a large social media platform, which included Instagram and Twitter so fans can follow us and stay in touch with us and be the first to hear about new updates. Not only that, but I created a website for Gidimake which included a link to our music video on YouTube, a way to purchase tickets to our online concerts, and a merch store which had a t-shirt with our logo and name on it that I also created for people to purchase to show their loyalty to our artist.

    During the part of the project where we had to create a music video for our song, all of us in our group brainstormed a broad idea for our music video, trying to figure out ideas to make a story based music video based on the lyrics in the song. From that brainstorming, I created an idea of what I thought the music video should be and drew up a detailed storyboard based on the idea. The music video was going to be about a boy that ran away from home and is on the phone with his mother telling her how much better his life is now that he is away from her and his father and family, when in reality his life is falling apart, showing a messy house and that he had no food to eat. After I finished the storyboard, I sent it to Diego, who took it and filmed and edited the whole music video and put it in the presentation.

    While Diego filmed and edited the music video, the rest of us worked on the actual presentation, taking the things we learned from our research and the techniques that we would use and put it in the presentation. If there was one thing that I would change in our project, I would change our slide presentation, make it look more appealing and make it fit the genre more. After seeing how other groups added many pictures and formatted it nicely so that it was appealing to look at and fit their genre, For example, the pop genre group made theirs very colorful and vibrant, and the rock genre group was very dark colors and more hardcore theme. Our project, while had good information, had no theme to our design of our slides. If I  were to do the project again that is what I would change that.

    During the making of this project, I learned more about making case studies and how to research and organize them and use them correctly. I also learned how to use what we learned about the different angles and shots and editing to create the storyboard and the music video, which came out very well because of what I learned. I think that because of the project, I have a better understanding of how to get a piece of media and using research and case studies, expand on my ideas to create a very well- made piece, like we did in this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Film Intro

  Here  is the link to my film intro! Thank you for coming on this journey with me and I hope you enjoy it!