Saturday, March 6, 2021

Figuring Out The Title

 In this blog, I will go over the importance of titles and the significance they hold in your film. I will also go over the top options for my film title and which one I think works the best.

The film title is one of the most important parts of creating a film. This is because this is the first thing that the audience sees from your film, even before it comes out and they watch it. If the title is uninteresting or not memorable, chances are the audiences will not want to watch it as much as other films. There are many different ways to title your film, such as after the name of a character, such as Harry Potter or Forrest Gump. This shows the audience who the main character is and who the story is going to revolve around. Another way to name a film is where the movie takes place, such as Titanic or Pearl Harbor. Also, films can have titles that are not as direct, but gives hints as to the significant things that goes on in the film. These types of titles are good because they help stick with the audience while also not giving too much away about the film until they watch it. 

Looking at these different ways to name a film, I can figure out how I want to name it and which of the names I came up with I like the best. However, I also have new ones that I came up with as well:

  • On the Run
  • Runaway
  • Between the Lines
  • The Search for Truth
  • What Lies Behind 

  • From these and the ones that I had yesterday, my top choices are 7 Days, Family Secrets, Night Runners, and Search for Truth. I think I am going to make the title something that gives hints to the significance, as well as is short and catchy enough for people to be able to remember it and be able to recognize it on commercials and want to see it. Therefore, I think I am going to go with 7 Days, because I think that has the most to do with the actual plot of the film, as well as being recognizable and easy enough for people to remember who see ads for it.


    Sources: http://15minutemoviemethod.com/the-importance-of-titles 

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    My Film Intro

      Here  is the link to my film intro! Thank you for coming on this journey with me and I hope you enjoy it!