Thursday, February 18, 2021

Target Audience

 Now that I know what genre I am going to make my film and intro, I need to think of things such as the intended audience, characters I am going to use and the plot of the film. I also need to think of things such as how I am going to film the intro, the setting and what angles and shots I am going to use in order to make it the style I want. 

For starters, I need to figure out the target audience for my film. Target audience is a very large and important part of creating a film because this is how I will be marketing my film. This is also dependent on my genre, since different genres can attract different age groups and target audiences. For example, fantasy and cartoons attracts more young kids and children than adults or elders. Similarly, films such as documentaries attract older people more than it would young adults and teens. Another example is how while films such as romcoms attract a more female audience, while movies such as sci-fi and action movies tend to attract a more male based audience.

Usually, in the adventure genre, the target audience is people between the age of 13-30. It used to be targeted mostly for men, but in the past few years, more action and adventure films have been coming out with female leads, which opened up the target audience for women as well as men. The age range for the mystery genre is usually more mature, since most mystery films are more serious and have more thrilling tones. Therefore, my genre being adventure mystery, I think that the target audience should be teenagers and young adults, because I think that they will be the ones that are going to enjoy it the most. I think that this is also a good target audience because they can use social media and different platforms to help distribute it and make it more popular.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Film Intro

  Here  is the link to my film intro! Thank you for coming on this journey with me and I hope you enjoy it!