Sunday, February 14, 2021

Step One- The Genre!

For the first step of making my film intro, I have to figure out which genre I am going to create it in. I spoke about this a little bit in my previous blog post, but in this one I will go deeper into each genre I am considering and my final decision, and why I chose what I chose.

For starters, I looked at different movies in the genres I am considering that have come out in the past 5 years, to see which one had the most success. After looking at a few different genres, such as comedy, drama, and dystopian, I decided that the best idea was to look at adventure and/or mystery films to soo what their success has been like, since I love both genres and I think I could come up with a great idea for a film opening using those. 

First, I looked at the mystery genre, and the movie Knives Out, which came out in 2019 and stars many big actors such as Chris Evans, Christopher Plummer, Ana de Armas, and Jaime Lee Curtis, and Daniel Craig. The film starts when the famous mystery writer Harlan Thrombey (Christopher Plummer) is found dead in his office the mornifng after his 85th birthday, and the whole family is a suspect as to who killed him. The film made a worldwide total of $311.4 million in the box office and was nominated for multiple Oscars, including best picture, making it a massive success.

Another genre that I was considering was adventure, which usually consists of quests and journeys to lead to discoveries, treasures, or other findings. An example of this is Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man Tell No Tales, which was released in 2017. This was the continuation of the Pirates of the Caribbean franchise and what Jack Sparrow (Johnny Depp) has done since the battle of Calypso's maelstrom in the last film. This film made 794.9 million USD, and had more marketing and distribution techniques since it was a Disney film and could make merchandise and toys that they sold in the Disney parks and online stores. 

Considering the success of these movies in these genres, I believe that an adventure/mystery film is the best decision since adventure films are very popular and  I think more people would want to watch an adventure film. However, I am going to add a little bit of mystery to it as well, since I love the genre and could really help with the plot and make it even more interesting.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Film Intro

  Here  is the link to my film intro! Thank you for coming on this journey with me and I hope you enjoy it!