Saturday, February 13, 2021

Media Studies Project- The Beginning

This is the start of a long, grueling project that we are starting in my media studies class. Even though it will be very tough and time consuming, I am very excited to see the finished product and how rewarding it will feel at the end. So, I am going to work my very hardest to make it the best I can and get every detail perfect.

For my project, I have to create a maximum 2 minute opening to a fictional film that I create. This means I have to think of things such as the genre, plot, title, characters, settings, and anything else I can to make this a successful project. I also have to figure out ways to film my intro in ways that are suitable and can still work even during the pandemic.

To start, I thought about what ideas I can for my project, such as the genre. I went through the many different genres in my head to try and decide which path I wanted to take for my film. I decided that genres such as horror, action, sci-fi and drama would either be too difficult to film with the given time and low budget, or would not be interesting enough to make a great opening. So, I decided that I wanted my project to go either an adventure or mystery route, since I am interested in both of those genres, whether watching them or coming up with stories in my head. As for characters and setting, I am still thinking of ideas and will update this blog when I come up with something.

I will also be trying to use as many techniques that we have learned in AICE Media Studies as possible in my intro to try to make it the best possible, such as different camera angles and shots, editing and production techniques, and even good representation that we usually do not see in the media today. I believe that using what I have learned so far in this class to create my film opening, I can create a great piece that I can be proud to hand in.

I am super excited for the next steps in this project, and I hope you will join me on this journey!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Film Intro

  Here  is the link to my film intro! Thank you for coming on this journey with me and I hope you enjoy it!