Saturday, February 20, 2021

Plot Brainstorming

 Now that I have my genre figured out, its time to brainstorm ideas for my movie. By looking at other popular movies in the adventure/mystery genre, I can get inspiration to come up with my own story.

A thing that most adventure mystery films have in common is the fact that the main protagonist is on a journey to find or discover something. For instance, in National Treasure (2004), where Ben Gates (Nicholas Cage) goes on a search around the world for hidden treasure by finding and solving clues left from all throughout history. 

Another example is Enola Holmes, which is about Enola Holmes (Millie Bobby Brown), the little sister of Sherlock Holmes, (Henry Cavill) going on an adventure to try to find her mother who went missing on Enola's sixteenth birthday, and calls on her brothers to help her find her.

After looking at these examples of mystery adventure movies, I am thinking of making my film a film where the main character goes on a trip to find her best friend, who went missing but left clues for her to find on the way. Stay tuned for my next blog post for a more in-depth description of my plot idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Film Intro

  Here  is the link to my film intro! Thank you for coming on this journey with me and I hope you enjoy it!