Monday, March 22, 2021

Let's Talk Props!

 Props are a very important part of films. According to Dickgeorge.co, they "complement and motivate the character, helping the actor feel more ‘the part’, setting the scene, identifying a particular time and place and cultural setting, sometimes even becoming a huge focus of the film." If you think of about any movie, you can name countless amounts of props that hold a significance to the story, or even just give it more character and helps move the story along.

In my film, I have numerous props that I need to make or plan our before I start filming. For example, the laptop on the desk with the email from the government on it, as well as the letters from the government. To make these, I will just write an email to myself signed by the government to make it seem realistic, and get pieces of paper and envelopes and print out letters as well. Not only that, but I have to find pictures of my parents and I when I was younger to put around my room to show the camera in the close ups. They have to be young pictures of me because Iris' parents died when she was around 7-8, and any pictures of them with me from when I was older would not fit with the storyline. I have pictures around my house, I just need to put them different places around my room to make it seen like they're always in there. Then, I'll print out pictures I have of me and my friend (who is playing Selene) that I have on my phone and put them on my bulletin board in order to be able to film them in the close ups. Finally, I will need a drawstring bag to use as the bag that Iris packs all of her things in while she goes on the run. I have a plain black drawstring bah that I can use my own clothes in the filing to put in the drawstring bag to show Iris packing. If I think of any more, I will add onto this list!

In the meantime, I have written about half of the script for my CCR, and I am going to finish it tomorrow, so when I finish filming and editing my film, I can just film and edit my CCR and be done! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Film Intro

  Here  is the link to my film intro! Thank you for coming on this journey with me and I hope you enjoy it!