Sunday, March 28, 2021

Filming Day 2

 My friend just left my house, and we finished filming! It went really well and only took about an hour. When she came over, I showed her the storyboard and started filming the scenes that move or pan up, which I could not do on my own. 

One of the technical difficulties that we had to work through was the scene where I walk out of my room and turn off my lights, which are the purple LED lights. However, since I lost the remote (whoops), the only way to turn them off is using an app on my phone. So, Kailey could not record me using my phone and also turn off the  lights when I needed her to. So, I borrowed my mom's phone so Kailey could record me on there, while turning off the lights with mine. We used my mom's phone because it is the same phone as mine, and if we were to use my dad's phone, the camera quality would be different and better in that one, making it look inconsistent when I put all of the clips together. I then sent myself the videos.

Then, after that, we went outside to shoot the last few scenes. One of them required Kailey going on my dad's latter in the street to record me leaving my house. I took a picture of her up on the latter to use in my CCR and to show her in the process of filming me. For the next scenes, since they were supposed to take place at Selene's (Kailey's) house, we went to another house in my neighborhood, one where my friend lives so we were not just shooting in the driveway of a random person's house. We did this instead of going to her actual house to film just to save on time, since we can do the same thing without actually going all the way to her house and back. Since there was a scene both Kailey and I were in, I asked my dad to come out and film that scene. Finally, Kailey filmed the last scene of me, and we were done! I am very excited to edit them all and put it all together this week, and I cannot thank Kailey enough for helping me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Film Intro

  Here  is the link to my film intro! Thank you for coming on this journey with me and I hope you enjoy it!